Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Medium of Literature & the Combined arts
Transcript of The Medium of Literature & the Combined arts
Elements of Literature
1. Plot. — The plot tells how the story goes.
2. Characters. — The characters are the ones that give life to the story.
3. Setting. — The setting is the story’s time, place, or environment.
4. Theme. — The story’s theme is the author’s main idea or the purpose of the story.
5. Point of view. — The point of view is the kind of perspective the story is being told.
The Four Genres of Literature
The Medium of Literature & the Combined Arts
Literature is a French essay by philosopher and novelist, Jean-Paul Sartre, published by Gallimard in 1948.
What is Literature
Literature is a term used to describe written or spoken material.
Fiction is narratives that are the fruit of the writer’s imagination.
- the person who is telling the story.
- the telling of a story.
A short story- focuses on one event. Is usually read in one sitting.
- extended work. Its plot is more complex and we have more opportunities to imagine what is going on in the story.
- in between a short story and a novel. It focuses on a limited number of characters and the story takes place over a short period of time.
Plot, Conflict, Character, Setting, Theme, Narrator, Point of view
is a verse and rhythmic writing with imagery that evokes an emotional response from the reader. The art of poetry is rhythmical in composition, written or spoken. This genre of literature is for exciting pleasure by beautiful, imaginative, or elevated thoughts.
is the genre of literature that’s subject for compositions is dramatic art in the way it is represented. This genre is stories composed in verse or prose, usually for theatrical performance, where conflicts and emotion are expressed through dialogue and action.
Performance with characters, plot and a conflict ( similar to stories)
The play is divided into scenes, and every scene presents a different setting ( time and place)
Long plays divide the scenes into groups that a
are called acts
This is Informational text dealing with an actual, real-life subject
Types of Nonfiction:
-is information based on fact that is presented in a format which tells a story.
-are a short literary composition that reflects the author’s outlook or point.
-is a written account of another person’s life.
-gives the history of a person’s life, written or told by that person. Often written in Narrative form of their person’s life.
-is the faculty or power of speaking; oral communication; ability to express one’s thoughts and emotions by speech, sounds, and gesture.
— It reveals the situation at the beginning of the story. It is not necessarily told at the very beginning, but can be told through flashbacks.
— It is the part where complications occur after a certain conflict made from a part of the story.
— The climax is the very precipice of the story. The turning point where the theme of the story is shown in full swing.
— It is the situation after the conflict is resolved.
Presented by: Jasmin Anne Espinosa
Johanna Joy Matriano
Earl Charlse Beltran
Thank you! ^^