Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Ferdinand Magellan
lack of food
attacks from natives
disease Problems faced Ferdinand Magellan explored for Spain. For what country did he explore? Interesting Facts Andrew Skurka-Alaska-Yukon explorer
Traveled 4,700 miles in the rough Alaskan terrain. Modern Explorers 1. The dangerous Strait of Magellan was named after Ferdinand.
2. Most of Magellan's crew were prisoners and had to be let out of jail.
3. His first time at sea was in 1505 when he sailed to Melaka and he was only 25.
4. First explorer to lead an expedition around the world.
5. His expedition around the world was known as the Victoria.
6. On his journey he named the Pacific Ocean which mean calm and peaceful.
7. The crew left with 270 men but only returned with 18.
8. The voyage took three years to complete
9. His parents died when he was only 10 years old.
10. Ferdinand died by a poisoned arrow to the foot by Sultan of Macton. Charts
5 Ships Navigational Equipment Went on conquest to conquer Melaka. Ferdinand Magellan explored from 1519-1521. What years did he explore? Explorers had to face many different weather conditions. They also had many diseases they had to watch out for. Many explorers died from lack of food and water. His first expedition was in 1505.
His trip around the world took 3 years (1519-1522).
But technically he only explored until 1521 because that's when he died. David de Rothschild-Inherited his families fortune,and traveled to both geographical poles in 100 days.1 of 14 people to ever transverse Antartica I can imagine that there would be conflicts within the group. http://www.enchantedlearning.com/explorers/page/m/magellan.shtml http://www.elizabethan-era.org.uk/ferdinand-magellan.htm What effect did his discovery
have on the native population? I can also imagine that many of the explorers would get off course. http://www.history-timelines.org.uk/people-timelines/13-ferdinand-magellan-timeline.htm Ed Stafford Amazon Explorer-Took him two years, four months, and one week,to explore the Amazon Rain Forest.Likes to raise environmental awareness. http://didyouknow.org/sailing/ http://www.history.com/topics/ferdinand-magellan The natives of Guam ended up killing him. Famous settlements Links Trade Items Guam Spices Helping his Country Ferdinand Magellan helped his country on his explorations. Reasons to become an explorer. 22 Brave
He discovered the Magellans strait * To be the first to discover something.
* For the beauty of the sites.
* To be free.
* To discover the truth about places.
* To travel to new places.
* To discover new things. He proved that the world was round. He also made better and more current maps for the time periods.