Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
4 Reasons for Colonization of Africa
Transcript of 4 Reasons for Colonization of Africa
Europe, the Americas, Asia, and Africa.
- Europeans were in search of timber, gold, diamond,
spices, and agricultural products from Africa.
- Raw Materials were taken to Europe to be
manufactured, then the finished products were
sold back to colonies.
- Bring european culture to Africa
- Bring religion to Africa, mainly Christianity.
- European colonists forced their own culture, language,
and religion on the local Africans.
-Local Africans were educated just enough to
work the tasks given to them by colonial
leaders. - Needed a work face to farm in the new world.
- Africans were forced to grow cash crops like
cocoa, coffee, and tea. This caused food shortages. - Slaves were also forced to work on developing
infrastructure for new colonies - Open up trade to other areas.
- Positive trade balance. More exports than imports.
- Protect trade routes.