Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
4 Reasons for Colonization of Africa
Transcript of 4 Reasons for Colonization of Africa
Europe, the Americas, Asia, and Africa.
- Europeans were in search of timber, gold, diamond,
spices, and agricultural products from Africa.
- Raw Materials were taken to Europe to be
manufactured, then the finished products were
sold back to colonies.
- Bring european culture to Africa
- Bring religion to Africa, mainly Christianity.
- European colonists forced their own culture, language,
and religion on the local Africans.
-Local Africans were educated just enough to
work the tasks given to them by colonial
leaders. - Needed a work face to farm in the new world.
- Africans were forced to grow cash crops like
cocoa, coffee, and tea. This caused food shortages. - Slaves were also forced to work on developing
infrastructure for new colonies - Open up trade to other areas.
- Positive trade balance. More exports than imports.
- Protect trade routes.