Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Week 1 Lesson 3: tone and tone shift
Transcript of Week 1 Lesson 3: tone and tone shift
To understand tone and tone shift.
Students will be able to identify and explain the intended effect of tone and tone shift in persuasive language.
1. We will watch five speeches.
2. Identify the tone and tone shift (if there is a shift). Use the adjectives from the first worksheet to help you describe the tone.
1. Working in pairs.
2. Match each persuasive technique to:
an example of it
its intended effect on the audience
3. We have seven minutes.
4. Class discussion to follow.
Quick recap activity: Match the persuasive technique to its example and effect
*** Watch Edrolo clip for 'Tone and tonal shift'
What is tone and tone shift?
1. Working individually.
2. Complete the worksheet.
3. We have 12 minutes.
4. Class discussion to follow..
Examples of tone and tone shift