Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Penguin Chick
by Betty Tatham
Genre: Expository Nonfiction
How have animals adapted to solve the problems of their environment?
Main Idea and Details
The main idea is the most important idea about the topic.
Supporting details are small pieces of information. They tell about the main idea.
A graphic organizer will help you organize information as you read.
gives information about the real world. In this story, you will read facts about emperor penguins.
to lie close and comfortably
hold close and tenderly
one of the broad, flat body parts used for swimming by animals such as seals and penguins
hardened with cold
turned into ice
to come out of an egg
to strike with the beak in a quick, short motion
to smooth or arrange the feathers with the beak
to lie closely and comfortably together
hold closely for warmth, protection, or affection
Watch the penguin flap its flippers.
Watch this baby penguin hatch from its egg.
Watch this woodpecker peck a tree.
Watch this bird preen its feathers.
the way a living thing grows and changes throughout the stages in its life