Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
How To Be a Good Presenter
Transcript of How To Be a Good Presenter
Speaking is not all words!
Meaning the actual words you use
Example: you might read from some notes
How you say your words
Example: you can show you are happy by smiling
Speaking without using your voice
Example: Picture cards or hand gestures
Some key points
Easy to Follow
- organised, has a flow
- interests you, at your level
- uses examples, uses humour
- interacts with the audience
- exciting, uses gestures
Don't Be Afraid, Be Brave!
- Introduce yourself
- Play a game to break the ice
- Do a presentation with your friends
- Be prepared - ask for help if you need to!
What makes a good presenter?
What makes a bad presenter?
Now it's your turn!
Good body language
• Stay upright, don’t slouch!
• Keep eye contact with the audience as much as you can
• Use your hands to demonstrate things
• Move around the room if you can
• Wear smart clothing
Vocal communication - how you sound
How quickly you speak
The tone of your voice
Volume - how loudly you speak
Pauses - the breaks in between your sentences.
Fear - what's the worst that could happen?
The most important things to remember are
Debate why your right and the other person is wrong
• Respect other people’s opinions
• Speak about issues that matter to you
• Sum up and finish with a clever sentence
Verbal - the actual words you use
Speak at your audiences level
Use words they'll understand
Use words you understand
Any Questions ?
Quick recap, Top Tips for presenters•
Be easy to follow
• Confident (Even if your nervous on the inside don’t let it show)
• Look at your audience as much as you can
• Speak at their level
• Involve your audience and ask them question
• Be prepared for question
• And Practise, Practise, Practise !