Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of La Tomatina
1. It is illegal to bring any kind of bottles or other objects that could cause harm.
2. You must not tear your t-shirt
3. Tomatoes must be crushed before thrown, so they don't hurt anyone. Causes/importance This event started as onlookers throwing tomatoes for unknown reasons. As the event grew, it is used as an effort to draw in more tourism into spain. For the townspeople, it is still caught on as a fun event that continues today. This celebration also coincedes with the towns patron saint. Fun Facts There is no real political or relgious significance.
20,000 people from other countries come and celebrate.
Buckets of water are thrown at the crowds first by the fight instigators in the tomato trucks.
After the battle, you can hose off the splatter on the riverbank, where the town slaps together makeshift public showers.
Every year, the fight is nationally televised by the most prestigious agencies in Spain. THE END GRACIAS!