Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of CBA Overview
5th grade students
RCW 28A.230.095 states that one social studies CBA related to civics must be completed.
By the end of 5th grade for the 2010-2011 school year. 1. Read up on the information at http://www.k12.wa.us/SocialStudies/WhatAreCBAs.aspx Whose side are you on?
Patriots or Loyalists? Loyalists http://k12.wa.us/SocialStudies/CBAs/Elementary/ElemCivics-YouDecide-SupportMaterials.pdf http://www.archives.gov/research/american-revolution/pictures/images/revolutionary-war-007.jpg Will you follow Paul Revere and join the militiamen? http://k12.wa.us/SocialStudies/CBAs/Elementary/ElemCivics-YouDecide-CBA.pdf http://k12.wa.us/SocialStudies/CBAs/Elementary/ElemCivics-YouDecide-CBA.pdf You Decide What:
When: Patriots Position- How do the patriots and loyalists feel about the war? http://loc.gov/pictures/resource/cph.3a52571/ http://loc.gov/pictures/item/2003675475/?sid=34c89ab11d0f9406b9aa287e59c11daa Common Good - How does it benefit most colonists? Stakeholders - Who is involved or effected? Paper or multimedia project? You Decide! Organize the Information AASL 1.3.2 Organize knowledge so that it is useful. AASL 2.2.3 Employ a critical stance in drawing conclusion by demonstrating that the pattern of evidence leads to a decision or conclusion. http://www.diigo.com/list/lmmiller/amercianrevolutioncba http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=allaboutliteracy&tag=cba&collection=-1&collection=-1&shelf=list Pathfinder- Find the Information Web Resources Print Resources AASL 1.1.6 Read, view, and listen for information presented in any format in order to make inferences and gather meaning.. Teacher Resources Steps Completed in the Library 1. Overview of the CBA
2. Pathfinder Introduction and Searching AASL 1.1.6
3. Organizing Information and Notetaking AASL 1.3.2
4. Begin the final paper/project AASL 2.2.3
5. Support teachers with assessment 2. Check out the CBA directions at http://www.k12.wa.us/SocialStudies/CBAs/Elementary/ElemCivics-YouDecide-CBA.pdf 3. Look at the teacher resources at http://www.k12.wa.us/SocialStudies/CBAs/Elementary/ElemCivics-YouDecide-SupportMaterials.pdf 4. Additional resources (rubrics, anchor sets, etc) at http://www.k12.wa.us/SocialStudies/CBAs/elementary.asp Pathfinder - Print Resources http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=allaboutliteracy&tag=cba&collection=-1&collection=-1&shelf=list Pathfinder - Web Resources http://www.diigo.com/list/lmmiller/amercianrevolutioncba fdsjkflsajdfklajdskfljdasklfjdsklafjkdl;sajdlkf