Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of construction trades
average (angle)of salary
Those working as general construction laborers made an average salary of $37,890 in 2016, which is generally less than what those who specialize in a specific trade took home. For instance, carpenters earned $48,340 and structural iron and steelworkers made $56,040.
who they work with
Boilermaker, works in nuclear and fossil power plants, shipyards, refineries and chemical plants, on boilers, pressure vessels, and similar equipment. Carpenter, a craftsperson who performs carpentry, building mainly with wood.
Some professionals in the construction trades are required to have formal training. A construction manager needs a bachelor's degree in construction management or civil engineering, while carpenters, plumbers and electricians must complete apprenticeships and obtain their license.
The construction industry is a huge employer of skilled tradesmen across a wide spectrum of specialties from plumbers and carpenters to bricklayers, electricians and decorators, to name but a few.To enter the industry in a craft occupation, a good basic education is needed.