Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
UCR talk, 13th Sept 2012
Transcript of UCR talk, 13th Sept 2012
2. Placement among early diverging fungi
3. Broader phylogeny
4. Mol. phylogeny vs. morphology & ultrastructure
5. Ancestral state reconstruction
6. Divergence time Outline other fungi flagellates ENTOS Materials & methods ~20 isolates, 4 loci
AFToL data, GenBank for ~40 more taxa of Entos, ~20 chytrids, ~100 zygomycetes
38 non-molecular characters
ML, BI, MP and common sense
GARLI, RAxML, MrBayes, Mesquite, PAML, BEAST (and Beauty) SHAPE OF CONIDIA
- ovoid, pyriform MONOPHYLETIC
Kickxellomycotina - sister group, no any flagellates
5 major lineages
time of origin ~405 MYA
ancestor - Conidiobolus-like Conclusions TO EVERYBODY, even if they did not helped!
Particularly: to Rytas for everything, Blanka Shaw for help with database, Katalin Molnar and Bernie Ball for PCR and reagents, Carl Rothfels and Nimrod Rubinstein with substitution rates analysis, Michelle Gignac for SEM and TEM; Meredith Blackwell, Gregory Bonito, Jason Jackson, Anastasia Litvintseva, François Lutzoni, Marianela Rodrigues-Carres, Sujal Phadke and David Swofford for essential discussion, Bradley Mullens for insect identification, Tim James, Bo Huang, Kathie Hodge and Yan Wang for the sequences, Jason Stajich, Steven Ahrendt and Sofia Robb for programming and lots of other stuff. Thankfulness Andrii Gryganskyi and many other good people A. B. Jensen and J. Eilenberg 2001 Schizosachharomyces Conidiobolus thromboides Conidiobolus coronatus Coemansia Rhizopus Mucor Phycomyces Mortierella Ustilago Cryptococcus Coprinopsis Neurospora Aspergillus Batrachochytrium Spizellomyces Allomyces Gonapodia NJ tree 0.1 changes Scenarios for the flagella genes left:
1) less number of copies,
3) change of function?. Dynamics of fly infection occurrence, March-May 2012. Blue arrows - rains, red cross – end of epizooty. Number of infected flies Time Jensen et al. 1998 Gryganskyi et al. 2012 me, collecting conidia discharge previous molecular phylogenies Gryganskyi et al. 2012 Gryganskyi et al. 2012 reconstruction of ancestral conidium shape reconstruction of ancestral character states divergence time genome wide phylogeny, 481 orthologs