Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Kids Can Code
Transcript of Kids Can Code
Hour of Code
What is Coding?
Tynker - http://www.tynker.com/hour-of-code/
Lightbot - http://lightbot.com/
KhanAcademy - https://www.khanacademy.org/hour-of-code/hour-of-code-tutorial/v/welcome-hour-of-code
Codecademy - http://www.codecademy.com/
FuzzFamily Frenzy (no computer required) - http://code.org/files/fuzzFamilyFrenzy.pdf
LEGO WeDo Kits (Ages 7+)
Build and program
Mindstorms (Ages 10+)
second week of December
A movement to give every student an opportunity to experience coding for one hour
Code is the language we use to give directions to a computer.
Programming is putting together a set of code, to have the computer perform a certain task.
Procedural writing: Giving directions for how to make or do something
Lightbot and Lightbot Jr.
Daisy the Dinosaur
My Robot Friend
Move the Turtle
Kids Can Code
July 22, 2015
How would you direct this bird to move to the pig?
Free website that allows students a blank canvas for creating
Interest in Computer Science Class/Coding Club
64% Grades 3-5
50% Middle School
38% High School
Dot and Dash