Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
PDP Torino 2014
Transcript of PDP Torino 2014
hard to get right
code in block
what's the catch?
relies on conventions
locking does not compose
How Transactions Synchronize
read and writes conflict
writes and writes conflict
Intel Building Blocks
C# concurrency libraries
Hardware Transactional Memory
treats object as black box
preserves concurrency properties
of base objects
Where are we?
What's the catch?
It's false because the operations commute
ETH Zurich 2014
Record inverse for roll-back
Abstract Lock blocks
thread-safe, linearizable object