Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Technopreneurship
MR. ALLYXON CUA
CEO at Hypass Production Studio Inc.
CEO at Ardent Networks Incorporated
CEO at Overland Logistic
President at IronFort Incorporated
President/CEO at AMTI
3rd Generation Chinese by blood.
Father – from main land China
Mother – 2nd generation Chinese born in Manila
1 Sister – Pilot pens
1 Brother – journalist (passed away recently)
Was born middle class
Xavier and Grace
Mapua – BS Electrical Engineering
To be a globally competitive provider of ICT solutions and services. With a highly competent and dedicated workforce committed to exemplary and value-added service to our Customer, Company and Country with God’s wisdom and guidance.
To maintain business leadership as Systems Integrator and provider of innovative, total ICT infrastructure solutions in the country enabling our clients to be the benchmarks of their industries.
AMTI is an eminent Philippine Information and Communications Technology (ICT) company dedicated on delivering breakthrough and best in class total business solutions and services.
AMTI is driven on providing its client-partners innovative, quality-assured end-to-end business solutions and services for the entire ICT infrastructure.This massive technological capability enables the company to service largeenterprise companies who have made AMTI their partner and supplier of choice through the years.
Core business division of AMTI specialized in providing hardware solutions
Includes revolutionary I.T. equipment such as desktops, laptops and large-scale servers and storages.
Enterprise Systems Group
AMTI-Accensia is the Outsourcing and Service Division of AMTI offering total I.T. Systems Management – I.T. Managed Services (IMS) and Technical Infrastructure Management (TIM).
The Solutions Group is a dedicated division of AMTI focused on Infostructure and Data Center Solutions and Vertical Solutions.
Dares to be different
Does not fear failure
Traits of a technopreneur
Coined from two words: “technology” and “entrepreneurship.”
First known use of the term was in 1987
More recognized during 2000
Still in its babyhood
History of technopreneurship
Sergey Brin and Larry Page – Creators of Google
Steve Jobs – Creator of Apple Inc.
Business are generally marked with high growth potential
Business are potentially marked with high leverage of knowledge and intellectual property
New products make big impacts in society
Advantages of Being a Technopreneur
Technopreneurs are entrepreneurs who are into the core businesses involving technology-based industries.
Who are technopreneurs?
Bill Gates – Creator of Microsoft
Expenses for research and development are usually high
Creating a product is risky
Disadvantages of being a Technopreneur
Technopreneurs aim to continuously go through an organic process of continual improvement and always try to redefine the dynamic digital economy.
Goals of Technopreneurs
Technopreneurs try to combine both technology and entrepreneurship in one idea. This means that the development of an entrepreneurial activity must be in line with the technology use.
What do technopreneurs aim to do?
A technopreneur is an entrepreneur who is involved with high technology.
What is a technopreneur?
What is it?
“I believe the next generation should be better. You should be better than us.”
The other businesses
The company’s inception was in 1996.
core business was in reselling I.T. hardware components.
Located in the business hub of Pasig City,
only 19 employees
a vision to deliver exemplary business benefits to its clients through foremost technological innovations.
pioneer clients of AMTI have bolstered the company to profitability, efficiency and resiliency.
AMTI evolved to be an end-to-end I.T. solutions provider.
AMTI revamped its product and service portfolios and repositioned itself as a Systems Integrator driven on serving the needs of large-scale enterprises and government markets.
He was business minded
“Capital problems did not allow me to stop.”
Started right after graduating college 1988 at 23 years old.
Started with computer rentals for word processing (P20 / hr to P15/hr to P12/hr)
“If you have and idea and you are good enough, there are so much rich people that will (bank?) for you.”
There are a lot of rich people but they don’t know what business to get into. They look for someone to invest in.
The PC came out in 1986. His father had foresight and gave up a lot in order to purchase one. “I was given the opportunity to tinker and write programs. I fell in love.” Also loves games.
“We believe technology is an equalizer. If you’re good, that can be your skill.”
2nd Batch to Graduate making them instant managers (know computers, kami lang marunong)
“I came in a the right time” (88’ PC Revolution)
Electrical is old business, IT is different.
NERD – status symbol (“hindi naman kami nerd”)
“Technology allows people who are innovative and forward looking to have an advantage”
“Technology is never ending”
“Always be number 1 or a strong 2nd”
Advice: If you have potential, keep quiet. Don’t let the big ones know what you’re doing. They will kill you even before you grow.
“Puppy dog mentality”
* IT is always risky
* For example – selling ($ currency rates change before you sell all, if you don’t sell, 3-6 mos new model = you can incur loss in MILLIONS)
* Stock and Sell Model – very dangerous like buying stocks in the stock market (chip, memories, cdrom, etc.)
* Only buy if there are customers
* IT - client, desktop, laptop, storage, server, software, applications, os, licenses, security, equipment
* When you move in IT, you must take into account 4-5 years of forward looking
* “What will be the technology next?"
* “We have to know the technology 3-5 years from now. It’s like betting on a horse.” (instead they bet on robots, etc.)
* INVESTING – train engineers, pay them, no sure returns(wala pang balik), if the technology blows off, you lose (if pumutok yung technology wala ka)
* “TRUST IS GOOD, CHECK IS BETTER” checks bounce, no collateral if clients run
* Be careful in business. Don’t give credit easily. (Wag lagi magpautang baka masunog sometimes even to relatives and friends)
* Always up to date with technology
* IT is not boring – his opinion
* Must always be trained
* “As you grow you will not be as sharp as before”
* “Can your brain and body take it?”
* IT system integration requires BIG capital and investors
* Instead you can be technology savvy – ikaw mismo, you don’t neet to pay
* OUR TIME – Steve Jobs and Bill gates
* NOW – Mark Zuckerberg
* START LOOKING AT THE “CLOUD” – internet – LOW risk, LOW capital
* 30 yr olds – BPO – super rich sell people from $5 to $13 per hour
* “I buy coins in Clash of Clans” I'm still playing at my age “I have to think like you guys”
* Always read online, all over the internet.
* FIND THE NICHE. FIND THE SOLUTION