Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Hetalia - English Study
Transcript of Hetalia - English Study
What is Hetalia?
- hamberger (Junk Food)
- Top Hat
- blond hair, blue eyes
- 'ready to murder' someone expression
- pasta - art
- pizza - tomatoes
- white flags
- bush/outback clothes
- koala ('drop bears')
MIGHT I POINT OUT!
HOT BODY = Hot Country Weather
"A special type of metaphor which involves a presented narrative. Frequently the personifications represent virtues and vices, and a journey is used in the poem (TEXT) to provide a narrative thread."
This is what Hetalia is.
Personified countries telling stories when the actual land countries couldn't.
METAPHORS AND SIMILES
Ignoring the already explained extension metaphor, personification.
These poetic devices come from within the text
METAPHORS WITHIN THE MANGA INCLUDE
"I'm a tomato crate fairy!"
- said by Italy
- Entirely unrealistic!
- BUT! A metaphor is describing something AS something else
"I'm the hero!"
- said by America
- Love of superheroes.
- He is TOTALLY and all mighty being which OBVIOUSLY means he is the hero... =_=
CONNOTATIONS WITHIN METAPHORS AND SIMILES
"Your anger is Chopin."
- said by Germany
CHOPIN = confusing emotions = anger
"Love is a red rose"
- very similar
- both discribe emotions
SiIMILES WITHIN THE TEXT
"It's like having a nagging wife!"
- said by Germany
'IT' = Austria = behaviour like that of 'nagging wife'
"I look at the young 'uns like America-kun!"
- said by Japan
States that America is young,
where as Japan is not.
BOTH SIMILES RELATE TO A PERSON
America says "I'll never go outside again!"
But then then the light breaks, forcing him to go outside.
SAYINGS/FIGURES OF SPEECH
"In for the long drive = level of difficulty
"How do you like them apples?!" = expresses triumph
"...sit down and talk like respectable human beings."
Describing human as a human
Figure of speech
How does it relate?
How the language is used (metaphors, similes, figures of speech)
VERY ENGAGING =
- colloquial speech
- like listening to a friend
Hetalia to Normal Historical Documentaries
- Enthusiastically expressed
- modern day language
- good looking narrators
- more amusing
- more appealing imagery
- monotone voice
- middle aged (men) narrators
Imagery + Modern day language
13 and above