Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Oort Cloud
Transcript of The Oort Cloud
Its named after the astronomer who discovered it, Jan Oort.
What is it made of?
It is a thick bubble made of icy debris.
Even at a current speed of a million miles a day, Voyager 1 won't reach the Oort Cloud for 300 years. Also, it would take 30,000 years to reach the other side.
How big is it?
It takes up a space between 2,000 and 5,000 AU(0.03 and 0.08 ly).
1. What is the Oort cloud made of?
A. icy debris
B. space stuff
2. How long would it take
Voyager 1 to reach the other
side of the Oort Cloud?
A. 30,000 years
B. 100 years
3. Who discovered the Oort Cloud?
A. Albert Einstein
C. Jan Oort
Here is the distance between the Sun and the Oort Cloud.
Who discovered it?
Jan Oort discovered it in 1950.
-The Kuiper Belt is inside the Oort Cloud
-The Kuiper Belt isdisk shaped, the Oort Cloud is sphere shaped.
The Oort Cloud may not even exist!