Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The American Revolution
Transcript of The American Revolution
Second Continental Congress
May 10, 1776
Set up the
Olive Branch Petition
to King George
declared loyalty, repeal the Intolerable Acts
furious, rejected it, bring rebels to justice
Opposed the King
faced powerful foe
they would fight hard to defend homes
best navy in world
armies were 3000 miles away
news / supplies took months to travel from Britain to North America
Loyal to Britain and the King
Rebels take Ticonderoga
Bunker Hill / Breed's Hill
Setup up position on Breed's Hill
Colonel Prescott orders "Don't shoot 'til you see the white of their eyes.
Tried three times to take Patriots.
On third try they succeeded.
Paid high price for victory - 1000 soldiers dead or wounded.
Patriots prove they could fight bravely. Showed the British would not be easy to defeat.
Did you ever have to make a difficult decision?
Did you ever have to convince someone of something?
The Passing of the Declaration of Independence
The Olive Branch Petition reply from the king.