Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Batik on Silk
Transcript of Batik on Silk
2. Build lattice support while drying, then iron and glue seam of silk)
3. Measure tissue paper to scarf.
4. Draw design on tissue paper.
5. Silk on top of design and trace with pencil.
6. Use wax to trace your design, take your time.
7. Carefully stretch silk on lattice support.
8. Paint dye with brush, this can be time consuming depending on the detail of your design.
9. Silk boiled to remove wax and then hung to dry.
http://www.dreamluxe.com/dreamluxesilkscarfprocess.html Batik gained most of its development in Indonesia. Batik comes from the Indonesian word "tik" (meaning dot) and the Javanese word "amba" (to write). The craft of batik in Indonesia dates back to the tenth century. first a past time of the rich ladies, later developed to one of the six "high arts" of the Javanese culture, a way to develop spiritual discipline
It is said that when an artisan created a batik, the design is not only fixed on the fabric but is a design more deeply engraved on the soul of that artisan o -Kawung, four ovals or ellipses, said to represent the kapok fruit, arranged like the petals of a flower and repeated geometrically. -Parang (“ragged rock,” or “chopping knife”) diagonal stripes running across the fabric. -Tjeplok is a continuous symmetrical pattern composed of stars, crosses or rosettes which form circles or squares. Remember! Care, Technique, and Time will MAKE these scarves