Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT
Transcript of ALL QUIET ON THE WESTERN FRONT
Nature of heroism
The soldiers can be considered heroes because they all fight to protect their countries nationalism and patriotism. Paul can be considered a hero because of his transformation from a innocent patriotic youth to a hardened anti-war combat soldier. Paul was heroic because he stayed at the front and fought a war despite his feelings against the war and how all his friends were killed or seriously wounded. It takes a lot of strength and will to continue to stay at the front and fight despite everything that happens and that's why paul can be considered a hero. Katczinsky can also be considered a hero because of his talent to locate food basically anywhere. This provides the soldiers with food and helps them survive and remain healthy. That is why katczinsky is also a hero. The picture to the right is of paul baumer who is hiding in the trenches
who are the villains?
The war itself can be considered the villain. The villains can also be those who send the young men to the war (commanders and generals) and an example of one of those people is himmelstoss
what makes them villainous?
The war itself is a villain because it caused so many lives to be lost. The war caused so much pain and suffering to the soldiers and it ruins their lives. It drifts people apart from their families and it also changes them. No soldier is ever the same after coming back from the war because of all the traumatizing things they witness and those horrific events will always remain with them. That is why war is considered a villain. The commanders and generals who send the young men off to war are also villains. All they care about is winning the war and they have no regrets for the soldiers who lose their life trying to fulfill the commanders and generals wishes. These people are also the ones who glorify war and tell the young soldiers its an experience they wouldn't want to miss out on. Himmelstoss can also be considered a villain or bad person because of the way he treated the soldiers when he was in command. He also treated Tjaden very poorly as he made everyone believe that Tjaden wetted his bed even though he didn't. Himmelstoss was a bad leader who treated his soldiers poorly so that is why he would be considered a villain. The picture to the right is of Himmelstoss.
WHO ARE THE HEROES?
All the soldiers can be considered heroes.
Other soldiers such as Paul and katczinsky can also be considered heroes.
by: Rajan, Gurkover, and
The heroes were The soldiers (ex: paul and katczinsky) and the villains were the war itslef and the generals and commanders who told the young men to fight in the war (ex: himmelstoss)
VIDEO: WAS WORLD WAR 1 GERMANYS FAULT?
Many people believed that Germany started world war 1 but was it really there fault? This video shows how people could blame germany for the war but it also shows how that it wasn't there fault at all. Some people consider germany as to being heroes, just like how the author showed the german soldiers as being heroes in the novel but others also consider the germans to be the villains.
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT WORLD WAR 1!!
- Germans were first to use the flamethrowers
- More than 65 million men fought from 30 different countries
- over 15 million people died and 20 million were wounded
- the spanish flu caused more then 1/3 of the casualties
- Dogs were used as messengers and carried letters to the front line
- They had male and female tanks. The mail ones had grenade launchers while females had machine guns
- WW1 went on from 1914-1918 on every continent and by every ocean
- After WW1, finland, Estonia, Latvia, and Poland became independant countries.
- The french had a gun, which the germans called a devil gun, it could fire as far as 4 miles away!
- nearly 2/3 of the deaths were cause of battle. Before most deaths were due to disease
-WW1 was also known as the great war, the world war, and the war of nations
- The war had cost all countries a total of $132 billion dollars
- Germany was blamed for the cause of the war
- WW1 was the start of new weapon and medicine technology.