Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of KAZAKHSTAN
are legendary winged horses in Turkik mythology THE SILHOUETTE OF THE SUN and THE BLUE COLOR FIELD are symbols of PEOPLE, LIFE AND WELFARE KAZAKHSTANIANS Kazakhstan is a MULTINATIONAL COUNTRY! With a population of 17 MILLION people Kazakhstan is a home for 120 NATIONALITIES KAZAKH is an OFFICIAL LANGUAGE of Kazakhstan
But RUSSIAN LANGUAGE is WIDELY SPOKEN as well
KAZAKH - 40% RUSSIAN - 60% ORTHODOX RELIGION AND ISLAM are common religions in our country ENGLISH is a POPULAR FOREIGN LANGUAGE MARRIAGE is SIMILIAR to the US and Europe WOMEN and MEN have equal rights IN SOME FAMILIES it's common for women to do all the housework and for men only to earn money If you're a guest, KAZAKHSTANIANS ARE EXTREMELY HOSPITAL and you may not leave their house without a present HOUSES IN RURAL AREAS DON'T FORGET TO TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES! PUBLIC AFFECTION between friends is very common YURTA is a PORTABLE, FELT-COVERED DWELLING of KAZAKH NOMADS APARTMENTS IN CITIES FAMILY ACTIVITIES are Kazakhstanians' favorite way to spend weekend SOCCER, HOCKEY AND SWIMMING are really popular in Kazakhstan Turkmenistan Applying for Marrige license Exchanging rings Bride wears white dress and groom wears a suit HOLIDAYS NEW YEAR is a SUPERHOLIDAY for all Kazakhstanians DECORATING a FIR TREE and WINDOWS PRESENTS from GRANDFATHER FROST and SNEGUROCHKA (Snow maid) Launching FIREWORKS NEW YEAR TRADITIONS Setting HUMONGOUS HOLIDAY TABLE MASLENITSA is a WEEK-LONG SUN-FESTIVAL that represents THE LAST DAY OF WINTER RUSSIAN PANCAKES "BLINY" are traditional dish of Maslenitsa BLINY are symbol of the SUN BLINY are served with FRUIT JAM "VARENIE", SOUR CREAM, YOGURT and also with MEAT, BLOATER, AND CAVIAR MASLENITSA BONFIRE is a SEEING-OFF OF WINTER RITUAL THE MASLENITSA SCARECROW is an EMBODIMENT of FERTILITY, WINTER, AND DEATH TROIKA (Three) RIDES BAG FIGHTING SLEDDING FOLK SONGS PUPPET THEATERS THE LAST DAY of Maslenitsa week is FORGIVENESS SUNDAY Normally one person greets another and says “please forgive me”, in response he/she says “God will forgive you. And I forgive too”, then they can hug each other heartily NAURYZ is a ASIAN SPRING NEW YEAR It is a non-religious KAZAKH CELEBRATION of a SPRING EQUINOX, a "Farewell to Winter" FESTIVAL FIST FIGHTING ALTYBAKAN (The swings) NAURYZ-KOZHE (Holiday dish) KYZ-KUU (Catch the Girl) THE ORTHODOX EASTER plays a big role in Kazakhstan culture The Time Difference: GREGORIAN and JULIAN CALENDARS During Easter people greet each other with the phrase "Christ has arisen!" and the answer is "Truly arisen!" RED EASTER EGGS (that can be every color actually) KULICH is a TALL EASTER CAKE EGG TAPPING is Kazakhstanians' favorite Easter tradition PYSANKI (hand-painted easter eggs) can be made out of wood, stone or glass If your EGG STAYS WHOLE you are a WINNER DECORATING:
- White icing
- Culinary beads
- "XB", which means
CHRIST HAS ARISEN
- Small wax candle At the EASTER SERVICE is BLESSED BY PRIEST Families EXCHANGE WITH CAKES KULICH is eaten BEFORE EACH MEAL during the Easter 9 MAY or VICTORY DAY is celebrated all across POST-SOVIET COUNTRIES It is a CELEBRATING OF VICTORY IN WWII 1941-1945 time period is called THE GREAT PATRIOTIC WAR About 27 MILLION PEOPLE were KILLED during WWII RED CARNATIONS FIREWORKS ST. GEORGE RIBBON VETERANS MILITARY PARADE 1 SEPTEMBER or THE KNOWLEDGE DAY is the end of summer vacation and THE BEGINNING OF A NEW SCHOOL YEAR CHILDREN start attending school AT THE AGE BETWEEN 6 AND 7 School years are divided into 3 sub-schools: PRIMARY (1-4 grade) SECONADRY (5-9 grade) AND HIGH (10-11 grade) The school year is comprised of 4 QUARTERS with a week long vacations in between
School year lasts till MAY 25 Students wear UNIFORM Students study in groups called CLASSES for 11 years CLASS SIZE is 20 - 30 STUDENTS THE GRADING SYSTEM:
2 (F) - 3( D or C) - 4 (B) - 5 (A) STUDENTS CANNOT CHOOSE THEIR SCHEDULE PERIODS are 40 -45 MINUTES LONG SCHOOL LIFE 8 MARCH is an INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY Men and women give FLOWERS, POSTCARDS WITH POETRY, CHOCOLATE, and other pleasant gifts to their MOTHERS, WIVES, GRANDMOTHERS, SISTERS AND DAUGHTERS KAZAKHSTAN'S CAPITAL is a city called ASTANA ASTANA is translated as "CAPITAL" Shashlyk