Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Ormesby Hall
Opened on 23rd May 1861, The North Ormesby Hospital was the first
Cottage Hospital in England. It could accodate 25 patients.
Smeaton Street School opened in
1858, it had places for 60 boys
The Holy Trinity Church was designed in 1862, but it was not until 1868 that the Archbishop of York laid the foundation stone. The Church was Consecrated a year later in 1869
The tower and south Isle were added in 1869,
the clock was added by Middlesbrough Council
A Large number of the men of North Ormesby were employed by Cochrane & Co. At the New Ormsby Ironworks in Cargo Fleet.
Sadly a large part of North Ormesby was demolished in the 1970s, to allow the building of the A66 .