Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Summarizing
Informational Summarizing Fiction What types of literature
do we summarize? Poetry How Do I Summarize? Summarizing Fiction What is a summary? A summary is the main idea and important events of a story. A Good Summary Includes..... 1. Important events from the plot (IN ORDER!) 2. The MAJOR problem and solution 3. Characters 4. Setting 5. The theme of the story Summarizing Framework Characters: Wanted: Problem: Solution: Lesson Learned: When we summarize fiction we need to find and include the problem and the solution Summarizing
Non-fiction When summarizing non-fiction we need to identify the main idea and summarize or combine the details. What can we use to help us
summarize non-fiction? Text Features Remember to use the title and subtitles
These are mini summarizes within themselves It is not a summary if you copy a sentence from the passage Use your own words!!