Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
TEN STRATEGIES FOR TOP MANAGEMENT
Transcript of TEN STRATEGIES FOR TOP MANAGEMENT
- The leaders have to be proactive. they have to foresee what will happen in the future and take advance action to prevent the occurrence of the problems as prevention is always better than cure.
2. ADVENTUROUS AND BOLD CHANGE MANAGEMENT
3.DIRFT-DO IT RIGHT FIRST TIME
TAKE RIGHT DECISION
- Every organization a number of decisions have to be taken by CEOs management and supervisors.
The leaders should carry out the following sequence of activities:
Plan the decision
Foresee the impact of the decision on the organization
Take opinion of the right people
Involve the concerned
Implement the decision
Why People don't DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME?
- The question is why people do things wrong and do it over again? It could be due to some of the reasons as given below:
4. CONTINUOUS PREVENTIVE ACTION
5. CARE FOR LITTLE THINGS AND ACCUMULATE GAIN
- TQM is continuous process improvement program and aims to one step at a time.
TEN STRATEGIES FOR TOP MANAGEMENT
PROPER MANAGEMENT NEEDS PROPER SYSTEM
Proactive management needs a proper system in the organization. The problem can be identified before occurring, if there is a proper system in the organization.
TQM CALLS FOR PROACTIVE MANAGEMENT
In spite of best efforts, if an error has occurred then corrective action has to be taken after an analysis so that such errors are not repeated. TQM envisages taking preventive action so that mistakes do not occur.
NO BODY LIKE CHANGE
- Human beings by their very nature resist change. Even, if a changes is going to make them much more comfortable, they may not agree to it straightaway.
CHANGE IS ESSENTIAL
- Successful people are those who have taken the challenges and
grown beyond expectations.
- The other prequisite for change management are boldness, self-confidence or self-esteem.
- An organization cannot progress without changes.
Changes are required in a number of activities such as:
Methods of carrying out an activity
ROLE OF CEO for ADVENTUROUS and BOLD MANAGEMENT
- The adventurous and bold change management depends on the personal qualities of the CEO. The CEO should motivate and encourage his colleagues to change the unproductive ways of an organization.
Why Things are DONE WRONG?
Problems of not DOING IT RIGHT
BASIC REQUIREMENT FOR DIRFT
3 simple requirements for DIRFT suggested by Philip Crosby that top management should:
Define the requirement for each employees
Provide the wherewithal to achieve the requirement and;
Keep on motivating and encouraging the employees.
SET RIGHT GOALS
- It is essential for every organization to set the right objectives towards which the organization should be moving.
ESTABLISH RIGHT PROCESSES
- Organizations should establish a right process, which is very essential.
CHOOSE RIGHT MACHINE
- Machinery should be selected properly so that the production can start for day one.
1. The employee does not know what to do clearly, leave alone how to do!
2. If he knows how to do, he is not motivated enough to do it right the firs time.
3. He may not have the right tools to do a good job.
4. He does not have the necessary education or training to know how to DIRFT.
5. Probably his seniors have trained him to do the wrong way.
6. He is not proud of the job he is doing
7. He does not get appreciated when he does right.
1. In some cases, not doing right the first time may result in not doing it right ever, thereafter
2. Leads to unnecessary expenditure.
3. Increases the failures costs.
4. Demotivates employees.
5. Causes hassles to employees and customers.
6. Brings down the reputation of the organization.
7. Leads to schedule slippages.
8. Increases scraps leading to more cost on account of storage, accounting, disposal, etc.
9. Forces the organization to buy additional components to take care of defects in the process.
10. The productivity gets affected due to holding up to the process to correct the defective product shunting from place to place for fault diagnosis, altercation between employees as to who or what machine cause the defect, wastage of supervisor's time and the top management's time in resolving disputes.
RIGHT THE FIRST TIME and EVERY TIME
- They should do only the right things-right first time and every time.
SELECT RIGHT PERSONNEL
- The whole process of recruitment starting from advertisement.
CHOOSE DURABLE MATERIALS
- Materials can be converted into products only through the right process. Therefore, without the proper materials, expecting quality would be farce
CORRECTIVE ACTION IS A POST-MORTEM
- When a product or service is delivered is the customer finds defects or faces problem that means it doesn't satisfy the customer.
PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE
There are two ways of handling a problem:
To cure and:
To prevent it
Being proactive may be considered to be an in-born quality, but it can be developed by anybody who is willing to put in that extra effort.
ONE SHOT PREVENTION IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH
- Like other TQM principle, prevented actions have to be continuous and should cut across all section in the organization.
COMMUNICATING WITH JUNIOR EMPLOYEES
- The management should allocate time to communicate with junior employees.
CARING FOR SMALL THINGS
- Every employee should take care, maintain every tool whatever may be its cost or importance.
KEEP ON ACCUMULATING
- Accumulation of small gains needs unending enthusiasm of every employee in the organization