Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Symbiotic Relationships
for the same resources. Let's see what you've learned! Step 1. Fill out the Prediction portion of your worksheet. Step 2. Watch these videos. Step 3: After viewing the video, what is the actual ecological relationship? Fill in your sheet. Activity 2: Wrap it up! Let's see how food webs and symbiotic relationships intertwine. Yarn Food Web Activity Scenario 1: You have Sweet Clover Plants, Wild oats, and Blue Burr growing, photosynthesizing and intermingling in the same field. What two relationships would this represent? Scenario 2: Upon digging up a clover plant, the student observed an average of 8 nodules on the roots of each clover plant (Nodules contain bacteria which have the ability to convert atmospheric nitrogen into nitrates and release them into the soil. Plants utilize nitrates to manufacture proteins.) What kind of relationship exists between the bacteria and the clover plant? Scenario 3: Small green aphids were sucking the juices from clover stems. Further investigation found some aphids being eaten by an army of ants.
1. What kind of relationship exists between the aphids and the clover?
2. What type of relationship exists between the ants and the aphids? Scenario 4: A considerable number of clover and wild oat plants had been cut down and partially eaten by a colony of squirrels that made their home in an adjacent pasture. The squirrel had lice.
1. What type of relationship exists between the squirrels and the clover plants?
2. What type of relationship exists between the squirrels?
3. What kind of relationship exists between the lice and the squirrels? Scenario 5: A colony of honey bees was feeding on the nectar of pollinating flowers. A Bee keeper sets out a hive for the bees.
1. What kind of relationship exists between the flowers and the bees?
2. What kind of relationship exists between the bee keeper and the bees? Scenario 6: Nearby, a red fox was dozing in the sun, contented after his recent kill, a jack rabbit. Several Blue Burr seeds were stuck in his coat.
1. What type of relationship exists between the fox and the rabbit?
2. What type of relationship exists between the seeds and they fox? Scenario 7: Hundreds of soil insects are burrowing in and out of the soil, pausing to feed on dead plant leaves. Several species of insects are involved.
What type of relationship best describes the ecological relationship that exists between the various species of insects? Scenario 8: A Mallard hen brooded her clutch, hidden from watchful eyes by the dense clover foliage. What is the relationship between the hen and the foliage? Scenario 9: Blackbirds from a nearby slough picked caterpillars from clover stems.
1. What is the relationship between the blackbirds and caterpillars?
2. What is the relationship between the blackbirds and the clover stems?