Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Philips Project Management Training
Transcript of Philips Project Management Training
Why is it important?
- planning creates and maintains a workable approach: Plan the work, work the plan, maintain the plan
What is Project Management?
" A temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, service or result”
- Budget (cost)
5 Project phases:
"The application of knowledge, skills, tools & techniques to activities to meet the project requirements"
Clear beginning and end
MS 0 - 4
Clear mutually understood objectives
Stakeholders agree on:
Stakeholders & Team
Project manager preferably not also content expert
- Ensures that project has clear direction and support
- Provide Charter (assignment) to project team
- Ensures that the project plan meets both customer and organizational needs
Assignment and authorization from project sponsor(s)
PMO Way of Working
Coaching and Reporting
PMO Transformation Portfolio
PMO Tranformation Office
- Facilitates the team process
- Works with team to create and execute project plan
- Liaison between sponsor and customer
- Monitors progress
-Ensures that his/her part of project work gets completed on time
- acts as liaison to project manager
- provides content expertise
- Communicates back to team on issues
Why is Project Management important?
Excessive workload for individuals
lack of skill and expertise in team
strained relationships within team
work is redone/duplicated
deadlines are missed
" Failing to plan, is planning to fail"
What is project planning?
An answer to the project Initiation (Charter) by translating:
tasks & roles
resources & time
Project Management Plan:
The collection of information, forms, documents & schedules that keep track of the project.
5 times why to translate business rational into deliverables: to understand what to deliver
SMART: specific, measurable, accepted, realistic and timely