Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Philips Project Management Training
Transcript of Philips Project Management Training
Why is it important?
- planning creates and maintains a workable approach: Plan the work, work the plan, maintain the plan
What is Project Management?
" A temporary endeavor undertaken to create a unique product, service or result”
- Budget (cost)
5 Project phases:
"The application of knowledge, skills, tools & techniques to activities to meet the project requirements"
Clear beginning and end
MS 0 - 4
Clear mutually understood objectives
Stakeholders agree on:
Stakeholders & Team
Project manager preferably not also content expert
- Ensures that project has clear direction and support
- Provide Charter (assignment) to project team
- Ensures that the project plan meets both customer and organizational needs
Assignment and authorization from project sponsor(s)
PMO Way of Working
Coaching and Reporting
PMO Transformation Portfolio
PMO Tranformation Office
- Facilitates the team process
- Works with team to create and execute project plan
- Liaison between sponsor and customer
- Monitors progress
-Ensures that his/her part of project work gets completed on time
- acts as liaison to project manager
- provides content expertise
- Communicates back to team on issues
Why is Project Management important?
Excessive workload for individuals
lack of skill and expertise in team
strained relationships within team
work is redone/duplicated
deadlines are missed
" Failing to plan, is planning to fail"
What is project planning?
An answer to the project Initiation (Charter) by translating:
tasks & roles
resources & time
Project Management Plan:
The collection of information, forms, documents & schedules that keep track of the project.
5 times why to translate business rational into deliverables: to understand what to deliver
SMART: specific, measurable, accepted, realistic and timely