Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Law of Consevation of Energy
Transcript of Law of Consevation of Energy
1. The word energy comes from the Greek word energeia.
2. Most types of energy are either a form of kinetic energy or potential energy.
3. Energy can be transformed from one form to another. In lightning, electric potential energy transforms into light, heat and sound energy.
4. The formula for energy is E = mc².
It stands for energy equals mass multiplied by the speed of light squared.
5. Stretched rubber bands and compressed springs are examples of elastic potential energy.
6. If you eat five bananas you would have enough energy to swim for an hour.
During chemical reactions, chemical energy is often transformed into light or heat.
A person standing on a diving board above a swimming pool has gravitational potential energy.
This shows formulas for different types of energy.
Now, let's sum this up!
This is the symbol for The Law of Conservation of Energy.
Who discovered the Laws of Conservation of Energy?
A. Mrs. Cunningham
B. Julius Robert von Mayer
C. Lady Gaga
D. Thomas Edison
True or False
The Laws of Conservation of Energy is the same as Energy Conservation.
The law of conservation of energy states that the total amount of energy in a system remains constant.
The law of conservation of energy is one of the basic laws of physics and so it governs the microscopic motion of individual atoms in a chemical reaction. The law of conservation energy states:
In a closed system (a system that isolated from its surroundings) the total energy of the system is conserved.
What is the formula for energy and who made the formula?
In physics, the law of conservation of energy says that the total energy of an isolated system cannot change.
An isolated system is a system with no outside forces acting on it.
The definition of Laws of Conservation of Energy is: Energy cannot be created or destroyed, but it can be transformed.
In other words, man cannot make it or it does not disappear. It does change into one form of energy into another form.
In 1842, Julius Robert von Mayer discovered the Law of Conservation of Energy.
Thanks for watching
The formula is E=mc²
Albert Einstein made the formula.
A falling object has a constant amount of energy, but the form of the energy changes from potential to kinetic.
When a moving car hits a parked car and causes the parked car to move, energy is transferred from the moving car to the parked car.
You roll an eight ball across a pool table. When it hits the cue ball, the cue ball starts moving and the eight ball stops. It does this because the kinetic energy you put into the eight ball with your hand has been passed into the cue ball. No energy is lost, it just traded places.
Some forms of energy
Kinetic energy - energy of motion.
Potential energy - energy of location with respect to some reference point.
Chemical energy - energy stored in chemical bonds, which can be released in reactions.
Electrical energy - energy created by separating charges.
Thermal energy - energy given off as heat.
The law of conservation of energy is completely different from energy conservation. Energy conservation means saving energy through such things as insulating your home or using public transportation; generally it saves you money and helps the planet. The conservation of energy has nothing to do with saving energy: it's all about where energy comes from and where it goes.
Ben hit the wall so hard that he put a hole in it. Energy was transferred from Ben’s body to the drywall, causing it to move.
When you push a book across the table, the energy from your moving arm is transferred from your body to the book, causing the book to move.
1. Energy may change form many times in a single process.
2. The total quantity of matter and energy available in the universe is a fixed amount and never any more or less.
3. The energy you start with is the energy you end with.
4. The Laws of Conservation of Energy has to include mass.
5.Energy efficiency is the amount of useful energy you would get from a system.
B, Julius Robert von Mayer
False. Energy Conservation is different than The Law of Conservation of Energy.
True or False
At the top of a diving board, a diver has gravitational energy.
False. The diver has Gravitational Potential Energy.
What is the definition of The Laws of Conservation of Energy.
The definition is: Energy cannot be created or destroyed, but it can be transformed.