Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Irony Notes
Irony is the contrast between what is expected and what actually exists or happens. There are 3 types of irony....
The contrast between what is
expected to happen and what ACTUALLY
The fire station burns down.
An ambulance runs over a pedestrian.
Occurs when someone says
one thing and means another, usually
Someone slurps up a brownie
with ice cream and chocolate sauce,
saying, "Oh, so light and healthy. What a
creative way to cut calories."
When readers or viewers know more about a situation in a story than certain characters know.
Example: A girl in a horror movie is slowly moving up the stairs toward the sound she heard. Then suddenly.....