Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Math BRP
1. Is it possible to tile a 4x4 square with four tiles of type 1, four tiles of type 2, four tiles of type 3 and four types of type 4?
2. Is there a square or rectangular grid of any size that can be completely tiled with non overlapping type 5 tetromino? Why?
Unearthing the secrets of Skew Tetrominoes
Emmanuelle Hng (7)
Chen Zhuo Lin (9)
Tang Tai Ran (27)
Yang Xinze (35)
1 2 3 4 5
Are you talking about me?
3. Classify the types of rectangle that can be tiled solely with tetrominoes of types 1,3 or 5. Provide illustration and explanation.
1. Can any square be tiled solely by any of the twelve types of pentominoes?
2. Can we form a rectangle with a mix of all the types of tetrominoes?
Unfortunately... the answer is no.
Why not? Look at the presentation below for the answer!
Unlike the L tetromino.
But just like the T tetromino.
Rectangle Rhombus Unable to
form a rec
Types of rec formed by Type 1, 3 or 5
Our project is about tetrominoes... beyond the tetris level.
Have you ever wondered why some tetrominoes just cannot be tiled to form a square?
We'll tell you why...
I am a reptile