Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Argumentative/Persuasive Writing
how to argue well. You simply have to back up your case and use evidence that the other person (counterargument) can't deny. Things to Include 1. Your argument. This should be placed at the end of your introduction. This is also called a thesis statement. What is it you're standing for?
2. Supporting Evidence. Support your argument using credible evidence, and be sure to cite your sources.
3. Counterargument. You have to at least acknowledge there is a counterargument. Present it knowledgeably, but point out the weaknesses. * Watch a movie trailer or an
infomercial. How do they try tomake
you want to go see it or try the product?
* Presidential Ad: How are they showing
the other candidate? What evidence are
*You can adopt similar ideas and
techniques to your own argument. You have to acknowledge there is one. All you
have to do is show how your argument is
stronger and overall better. Give true
information about the counterargument, but
point out the weaknesses, showing how what
you're standing for can offer solutions the
counterargument can't. Your argument: Thor is a better Avenger than the
Acknowledge Counterargument: The Hulk is strong
and a good fighter, but....
Point out weaknesses:
1. He loses control and can potentially hurt
2. He isn't actually as strong as Thor. Only Thor
can lift his hammer.
3. Thor is a god with access to powers the
Hulk doesn't have.
Conclusion: Due to all the factors above,
Thor is the safer and overall, better
Avenger! For a better idea of how it should look:
Water has three forms Solid: Ice Liquid: tap water gas: steam Evidence Thor image retrieved from moniqueblog.net
Hulk image retrieved from guardian.co.uk