Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Pacific Ocean Food Web
Transcript of Pacific Ocean Food Web
The pacific ocean is a body of water between the southern ocean, Asia , Australia , and western hemisphere.
The surface water meaning temperature in the pacific can vary from -14c (5-27 f), the freezing points of the sea water. the trade winds in the southern and eastern pacific are remarkable steady.
The pacific ocean is a body of water between the southern ocean , Asia , Australia and the western hemisphere.
Pacific ocean A biotic Factors
Primary consumers are herbivores, they only eat primary producers which are usually plants.
Pacific Ocean Ecoscenario
Seals are marine mammals that eat primary consumers.They can be considered carnivores or omniores.Seals are known to eat herring,eel and shrimp.Killer whales often eat them.
Tertiary consumers are the animals that are at the top of the food chain. Those animals that have no natural predators and are carnivores
Dumping of sewage and garbage in the ocean:
1. Sewage and garbage contains many harmful contaminants which are poisonous to fish
2. Certain contaminants effect certain marine habitats that break down the environment
3. Can disrupt breeding or hatching areas damaging the marine species population
This is water and land pollution
Pacific Oceans Human Impact
This is algae its a primary producer that makes its own food.Its sits at the surface of the water making it appear green.Catfish may sometimes it it.
Plankton are small microscopic organisms that float freely in the water.They are eaten by small crustaceans and other marine animals that filter feed.
Kelp is an aquatic plant that is plentiful in many areas.Kelp is eaten by marine animals such as sunfish and even manta rays.
Primary producers are animals that produce there own food and energy from the sun.
The shrimp is a primary consumer.Its diet mostly consists of algae and is eaten by fish such as guppies and angel fish.
Sea urchins are slow moving organisms covered in small spikes.Its diet consist mostly of algae and is eaten by animals such as seals.
Secondary Consumers are organisms that prey on other usually smaller animals.They can be eaither carnivores or omnivores.
Jelly fish are boneless organisms that have flowing tentacles that sting their prey to eat them.Jellyfish eat small fish, eggs or anything really, living or dead.Sea turtles make these animals apart of their diet.
Great whites are probably the most well known shark there is.Great whites are at the top of the ocean food chain.They eat other fish,seals, and even other sharks.
1. Animals can digest the oil and the oil is poisonous to them
2. May reduce marine life growth
3. Effect respiration system of marine animals
4. May kill off eggs of species
Oil spills: This is water pollution
1. Underwater volcanoes
• May emit toxic solutions that can cause pollution and
harm for all marine life anywhere near these volcanoes
• Lets marine plants conduct photosynthesis giving
the plant energy and ability to create its own food
• If the temperature reaches too low or too
high certain organisms could die
• Nutrients in the water or producers could also be lost depending on the temperature, thus resulting In lack of energy for the other aquatic animals
Killer whales may look beautiful but they are very dangerous.The killer whale diet consists of but isn't limited to seals, fish, squids, and dolphins.