Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Civil War
Forrest inspired the character Forrest Gump played by Tom Hanks in 1994
American Civil War
By - João Bosco, Mia, Michael, Marina N., Maria
Health Care Reform
- Jim Crow Laws -->
- Civil Rights Act --> 1964 -->
-Black President, President Obama -->
-health care reform
15,000 miles of new telegraph lines -->
By: Marina, Maria, João Bosco, Mia & Micheal
-April 12, 1861 – April 9, 1865
-the United States of America vs the Confederate States
of America (Union vs. Confederacy, North vs. South)
Civil Rights Act
Jim Crow Laws
15000 miles of new telegraph
Equality in the political system
Counteracted the Jim Crow Laws
Laws of Segregation
Department of Defense's "Advanced Research Projects Agency"
Backup to phone system (should it be crashed by the Soviets
One of first operational packet-switching networks
Ku Klux Klan
Group that went against the reconstruction
Main goal: Not have equal rights with Black People
Were against equal rights and wanted things to go back to what they were before the slaves were free
Burned black people
Believed that the Whites were the superior race
Dressed in only white clothes to symbolize that the color black was "dirty"
Loss of slaves
- Emancipation proclamation freed slaves
- Southern Economy needed slaves
- The Economy was getting worse because of the lack of slaves working for the owners of factories and farms etc...
- Process of reconstructing the South after the Slaves were freed
- Even though black people were not slaves anymore, they still faced many challenges in their daily lives
- The teachers refused to teach black children
- They suffered racism
Tele = far off, afar, at or to a distance
Graph = write
Phon = sound
Telegraph --> Telephone
Caused Americans to think more seriously about technology