Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Evaloution of Android
Transcript of Evaloution of Android
Android is an Operating System based on the Linux kernel, and designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet computers.
Android was intially developed by Android.Inc at
Palo Alto, California, United States in October, 2003 by Andy Rubin
Google took over Android Incorporation in August 2005.
After that on 12, November 2007 Android beta SDK was released.
SDK a Software Development Kit which gives you platform to make new applications, games and other softwares. With proper knowledge you can make any application according to your will.
On November 5, 2007, the Open Handset Alliance., a bunch of several companies which include Broadcom Corporation, Google, HTC, Intel, LG, Marvell Technology Group, Motorola, Nvidia, Qualcomm, Samsung Electronics, Sprint Nextel, T-Mobile
On 23 September, 2008 the first Android device is launched, that is HTC Dream G1 which operates Android 1.0,and after that android shows 1.1 update which was released.
Android Market app
Android 1.5 Cupcake
- Universal search box
- Revamped Android market : Browsing categories and filters (Top free, Top paid, Just in)
- Toggle between camera and videos modes, Video recording and playback in MPEG-4 and 3GP formats
- Faster Camera start-up and image capture, integrated photo gallery
- Much faster acquisition of GPS location (powered by SUPL AGPS)
- Auto-pairing and stereo support for Bluetooth added (A2DP and AVRCP profiles)
- On-screen soft keyboard
- Directly upload videos to youtube and picassa
Android 1.6 (Donut)
- Virtual On-screen keyboard
- Camcorder mode for recording (and watching) video
- Stereo Bluetooth
- Expanded Gesture framework and new GestureBuilder development tool
- Home screen widgets and folders
- Quick Search Box and Voice Search
- Toggle between still and video captures modes, Support for WVGA screen resolutions
- Copy/Paste and search within the browser
- Direct upload to Youtube and Picasa
- user can select multiple photos for deletion
- Battery usage indicator
- Updated technology support for CDMA/EVDO, 802.1x, VPNs, and a text-to-speech engine
- Multilingual tect-o-speech function
Android 2.0 (Eclair)
- Multiple accounts for email and contact synchronization
- Microsoft Exchange Support for syncing of e-mail
- Quick Contact pop-up widget
- Search saved SMS and MMS messages
- Camera improvement include support for flash and digital zoom, scene mode, white balance, color effect and macro focus
- Keyboard improvement : Adaptive Dictionary
,- Bluetooth 2.1 support
- New browser User Interface and support for HTML5
- Improved Google Maps 3.1.2
- New calender features
- Besides live wallpapers, it’s allowing Home screen background images to be animated to show movement
- MotionEvent class enhanced to track multi-touch events
- Minor API changes
- bug fixes and framework behavioral changes
- Minor amendments to the API and bug fixes
Android 2.2 (Froyo)
- Multiple user account
- Speed, memory, and performance optimizations
- Android market update : Batch and automatic updates, installing apps to the SD card
- New tips widget for homescreen
- Support for the Android Cloud to Device Messaging (C2DM) service
- File uploading in the browser
- Improved Microsoft Exchange support
- USB tethering and Hotspot support, Voice dialing and contact sharing over Bluetooth
- Multiple keyboard languages
- Adobe Flash 10.1
- Bug fixes
- Security updates
- Performance improvements
- Fixed minor bugs
- Fixed SMS routing issues that affected the Nexus One
- This update consisted of two security patches
Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Native support for more sensors
- UI refinements for simplicity and speed
- New keyboard for faster text input
- One-touch word selection and copy/paste
- Near Field Communication (NFC), Improved power management
- New Download Manager, Internet Calling
- New audio effects such as reverb, equalization etc.
- Support for WebM/VP8 video playback, and AAC audio encoding
- Included several improvements and API fixes
- Support for voice or video chat using Google Talk
- Improved network performance for Nexus S 4G
- Fixed Bluetooth bug on Samsung Galaxy S
- Shadow animations for list scrolling
- Camera software enhancements
- Improved battery efficiency
- Fixed a voice search bug
- Introduced Google Wallet support for the Nexus S 4G
Android 3.0 (Honeycomb)
- Specifically optimized for tablets and devices with larger screen sizes
- Hardware acceleration, Support for multi-core processors, Ability to encrypt all user data
- Refined multitasking, rich notifications, home screen customization, widgets, Redesigned keyboard
- Support for video chat, Multiple browser tabs, form auto fill, new “incognito” mode allowing anonymous browsing
- Bluetooth tethering
- Built-in support for Media/Picture Transfer Protocol
- New two plane contacts and Email UI
- Ability to view albums and other collections in full-screen mode
- UI refinements
- Connectivity for USB accessories
- Expanded Recent Apps list
- Resizable Home screen widgets
- Support for external keyboards and pointing devices, joysticks and gamepads, FLAC audio playback
- High-performance Wi-Fi lock, HTTP proxy for each connected Wi-Fi access point
This update first appear on Huawei’s MediaPad tablet. Changes included:
- Improved hardware support, including optimizations for a wider range of tablets
- Increased ability of apps to access files on the SD card
- Compatibility display mode for apps
- Bug fixes and minor security
- Stability and Wi-Fi improvements
- Update to Android Market with automatic updates and Google books
- Improved Adobe Flash support and Chinese handwriting prediction
- Included bug fixes and other minor improvements for the Motorola Xoom 4G
Android 4.0 (Ice-cream sandwich)
- Increase in speed and performance
- Virtual buttons in the UI
- Separation of widgets in a new tab
- Easier-to-create folders with a drag-and-drop style
- A customizable launcher, Resizeable widgets
- Improved visual voicemail with the ability to speed up or slow down voicemail messages
- Pinch-to-zoom functionality in the calendar
- Offline search, a two-line preview, and new action bar at the bottom of the Gmail app
- Ability to swipe left or right to switch between Gmail conversations, Automatic syncing of browser with users’ Chrome bookmarks
- Integrated screenshot capture (accomplished by holding down the Power and Volume-Down buttons)
- Improved error correction on the keyboard, Real-time speech to text dictation
- Ability to access apps directly from lock screen
- Improved copy and paste functionality
- Face Unlock : New feature that allows users to unlock handsets using facial identification software
- New tabbed web browser (allowing up to 16 tabs)
- Modern Roboto font
- Data Usage section in settings that lets users set warnings when they approach a certain usage limit, and disable data use when the limit is exceeded
- New Ability to shut down apps that are using memory in the background
- Improved camera app with zero shutter lag, time lapse settings, panorama mode, ability to zoom while recording, 1080p video recording for basic Android devices
- New gallery layout, organized by location and person, Built-in photo editor
- Android Beam, a Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Fixed minor bugs on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus
- Bug fixes and optimizations
- Improvements to graphics, databases, spell-checking, Bluetooth functionality
- Calendar provider enhancements, new camera apps enhancing video stabilization and QVGA resolution
- Accessibility refinements such as improved content access for screen readers
30 April 2009
23 September 2008
15 September 2009
26 October 2009
20 May 2010
6 December 2010
22 February 2011
19 October 2011
Smoother user interface:
Vsync timing across all drawing and animation done by the Android framework, including application rendering, touch events, screen composition and display refresh
Triple buffering in the graphics pipeline
Bi-directional text and other language support
User-installable keyboard maps
Ability to turn off notifications on an application-specific basis
Shortcuts and widgets can automatically be re-arranged or re-sized to allow new items to fit on home screens
Bluetooth data transfer for Android Beam
Offline voice dictation
Tablets with smaller screens now use an expanded version of the interface layout and home screen used by phones.
Improved voice search
Improved camera application
Google Wallet (for the Nexus 7)
High-resolution Google+ contact photos
Google Now voice assistant and search application
USB audio (for external sound DACs)
Audio chaining (also known as gapless playback)
Stock Android browser is replaced with the Android mobile version of Google Chrome in devices with Android 4.1 preinstalled
Ability for other launchers to add widgets from the application drawer without requiring root access
So now we now what are these foods.
Now lets see what these dishes can do ?
Of Course you can call and sms from Android. It is a phone basically.
Beyond Texting you can set
Schedule Later Sms
Shout the incoming Message
Many more (if you have any idea you can even develop a App for it)
Chat for Free.
You can find a place on Android and Navigate to the place
Android will guide you till you reach your Destination.
It can even tell to avoid you a Route if it is trafic.
This app will text the one automatically when you leave a place or reach a place.
It can count your
even record map
share with your friends
You can tap phones to transfer data, stream data
You can tap the tag to get its action
You can watch your home's security camera when you are not at your home.
Two apps one Screen
Android is codded using Java
Let's you take notes, pictures,perform tasks, remind you about the tasks on the time even at the place you want to be reminded.
You can even check PNR status
Track a Running train
Check Seat availability
Monitor your Health:
It can remind you to take push ups
Monitor your previous perfance
You can recharge your Phone from anywhere.
Recharge from anywhere.
What else you what your phone to do ?
Check your Anna University Results ?
Anna University has their Official App.
What can we expect from android in the near future ?
Augmented Reality App Video
Application developed for Google DevFest
Somasundaram, Jash Jacob and Team, Chennai
Officially Launched on Nov 10, 2013
Your phone can smell.
You can smell your phone and get various flavors of smell too.
Quite interesting ?
Introducing Google keep
Introducing Google Now
Have you bought online ?
How long would it take for you to arrive ?
How would you feel if it arrives to your house in 30 minutes ?
You saw amazon Prime that delivers in 30 minutes how would it be if it is done in 5 minutes ?
Requires: Android for exact GPS co ordinates
Requires: Android for exact GPS co ordinates
Still in Testing.
What is Android?
Yo, Man its like asking who is this ?
What do you mean by SDK ?
Lets Dive into Creating an Android App
An Little Fast working Computer
An Internet Connection that can access Google
Peace of Mind
Little OOPS concepts
More and more Ideas
So now, Why do you need to develop apps for Android?
Because it is Easy (Only little Java)
Huge number of audience
Open Source Software's Free
There are many to help you in development
Story of a Batman Lock Screen App
Lets Dive into Development