Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Atomic energy!
Block: 1 Atomic Energy(: Radioactive Decay Radioactive decay is the process in which the nucleus of a radioactive atom releases nuclear radiation Alpha Decay Alpha decay us the releasing of an alpha particle from a nucleus. The particles consist of two protons and two nuetrons, so it has a mass number of 4 and a charge of 2+.The process of transforming one element to another is known as transmutation. Alpha particles do not travel far in air before being absorbed; this makes them very safe for use in smoke detectors, a common household item. Beta Decay Beta decay is the relasing of a beta particle from a nucleus.In terms of safety, beta particles are much more penetrating than alpha particles, but much less than gamma particles. THE END!