Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
6th Grade Renaissance Music
Transcript of 6th Grade Renaissance Music
~Homophony Uses of Music In the Renaissance Assignment Turn to page 21 in your book.
Create a "Renaissance" instrument- take an instrument you know something about and make some adjustments, like the sackbut or hurdy gurdy. Change the way it's played, or the way it looks. Be creative!
Draw a picture first, name it and add a brief explaination of how it is played, what it's made out of and what it sounds like! Instruments Sackbut
Harpsichord Theory/ Innovations Breves
Still no bar lines Composers Giovanni Pergolesi de Palestrina
Orlando de Lassus
Josquin des Prez
Claudio Monteverdi 1400-1600 Renaissance Music Church music
Enjoyment Sacred Secular Madrigal
Chanson Opera also has its roots in the Renaissance! Larger ensembles
Music Printing- 1470's