Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Butterfly Lifecycle
youtube.com for the video
About 5 days later a small caterpillar hatches from the egg.
They feed off the leaves of plants to get big and healthy. Once the caterpillar has grown, it hangs itself from a leave or branch using silk. This is the stage of the chrysalis, which is like a hard case. The soft tissues of the caterpillar are broken down and the butterflies structures are formed. This is known as metamorphosis. A few hours before the newly formed butterfly
is ready to emerge, the chrysalis becomes transparent like this... Finally the butterfly is ready to emerge!
It pushes out of the the chrysalis and begins its new life as a beautiful butterfly. Depending on where they live, butterflies generally
live fore about 2-6 weeks.
During their lives they can mate, lay eggs, and the process starts again!. So what have we learnt... Egg Caterpilliar Chrysalis Butterfly
Now lets see the lifecycle in action!