Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Ruby Bridges
What: Ruby was the first African American to attend an all white school, although she had to face the discrimination of the white parents( who would not let their children go to the school) protest against her actions.
Where: Birth-Tyler town
Heroic action- school: New Orleans, William Frantz Elementary school
When: Heroic action- 1960
Birth- September 8th, 1954 Introduction -Ruby Bridges accomplished her goal of going to an all white school.
- Ruby made black people and white people unite and have the same rights.
- She changed the bad impression that white people had on white people, causing them to judge black people by their personality and not the colour of their skin.
- Bridges inspired people all across the globe with her heroic actions to the world
-Awards: the Orbis P ictus Award for outstanding non fiction for children books, Bridges was awarded the Presidential Citizens Medal by President Bill Clinton. Accomplishments Impact on the society - If it wasn't for Ruby Bridges,there would be no black people in high positions of power, this means that Barack Obama wouldn't be president of the U.S.A.
- She inspired people to be courageous to accomplish a challenge
- Changed white peoples thoughts, stereotypes and impressions black people.
- Public areas are no longer separated by race. An example of this is a school. this means that if it wasnt for Rosa Parks we wouldn't have the friends that we have today. Introducing Ruby Bridges The journey to become a hero! Respect: respected her teacher
Perseverance: no matter what she went to the all white school everyday.
Courage: stand up to angry white m,ob that would go against her and discriminate her (need security)
Kind: became a travel agent and would go to schools to encourage children of all races to have a good education. Thanks for your cooperation ! Thank you For Watching Ruby B R
I D G E S Bridges