Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Marijuana
All Legal Drugs- 20,000
All Illegal Drugs- 15,000
Source- US government National Institute on Drug Abuse, Bureau of Mortality Statistics Marijuana Provides Relief for:
US Government Accountability Office Marijuana Arrests in 2010
Arrests for Possession only
The numbers are constantly increasing
-Norml.com Marijuana: A fast growing bushy annual with dense sticky flowers, Produces the psychoactive THC. It is the most widely used illegal psychoactive and has a long history of Medicinal, recreational, and industrial use. The fibrous stalks of the plant [Hemp] are used to produce clothing and rope.
-Erowid.com Since 1990, nearly 5.9 million people in the US have been arrested on marijuana charges. In 2000, state and local law enforcement arrested 734,498 people for marijuana violations.
-LegalizationofMarijuana.com Marijuana does not cause serious health problems like those caused by tobacco or alcohol (e.g., strong addiction, cancer, heart problems, birth defects, emphysema, liver damage, etc.). Death from a marijuana overdose is impossible. In all of world history, there has never been a single human death attributed to a health problem caused by marijuana.
- Legalizationofmarijuana.com Government agencies often step in and declare children of marijuana smokers to be in danger. As a result, many children are placed into foster homes, causing pain, suffering, and financial distress to millions of American families.
- Legalizationofmarijuana.com Assessments of industrial hemp as compared to hydrocarbon or other traditional feedstocks show that generally, hemp requires substantially lower energy demands for manufacturing, is often suited to less-toxic means of processing, provides competetive product performance (especially in terms of durability, lightweight, and strength), greater recyclability and/or biodegradability...
- Smith-Heisters, Skaidra: Policy analyst at Reason Foundation, a non profit think tank advancing free minds and free markets Unlike petrochemical feedstocks (chemical feedstocks derived from petroleum for the manufacture of chemicals, synthetic rubber, and a variety of plastics), industrial hemp production offsets carbon dioxide emissions, helping to close the carbon cycle that has been hurting our environment.
-Petrochemical feedstock definition supplied by US Energy Information Administration
- Smith-Heisters, Skaidra