Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
UK ENG Resume 101 Workshop 2015 fall
Transcript of UK ENG Resume 101 Workshop 2015 fall
Resume Workshop 101
What is a resume?
What to put in a resume:
- Language (s)
- Honors/ Awards
- References (Optional)
John Beck, Assistant Director
285 Ralph G. Anderson Building
Karen Phillips, Staff Engineer
105 Ralph G. Anderson Building
Engineering Career Development
How can we make the following bullet points more professional?:
1. What is a resume?
A tool to organize your credentials
2. What do you put on your resume if you never had a job before?
Volunteer work, activities, skills, honors & awards, experience
3. What do you need a resume for?
Jobs you apply to, college, and letters of recommendation
4. How often should you update your resume?
Whenever you do something new
5. Rewrite this bullet point so it is more professional, "Watched kids at community center."
Supervised children ages 5-12 in daily community center activities
Reverse chronological order
Consistency is KEY!
make sure to customize your objective based on the position you wish to obtain.
Market all of your skills! Include social media and public speaking
Make sure your
name is Large!
has to be
Including relevant skills are key!
Never round up a GPA
Class #'s are not necessary
Date Changed: October 16, 10 am to 1 pm