Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Building students' self-confidence and creativity through Blogs and Scrapbooks
Transcript of Building students' self-confidence and creativity through Blogs and Scrapbooks
I can manage a virtual space to....
What is an Edublog? El blog no es una herramienta, sino un medio cuyas funciones vamos diversificando según nuestras necesidades y nuestro ingenio.
http://www.fzayas.com/darlealalengua/?p=424 - A web Publishing tool that facilitates the posting of content by non-technical users.
- Consisting of discrete entries ("posts")
- Typically displayed in reverse chronological order.
- Until 2009 blogs were usually the work of a single individual, occasionally of a small group, and often were themed on a single subject. A blog is… Main features of a blog Easy to use. A teaching tool: Medium for educational activities.
Virtual meeting point for teachers.
Reflexion and creativity site for students.
A way to open our classroom's door to other teachers, to students´ families as well as to the education community members. But a blog is also... Institution blog
Project blog Do I need a blog?
What do I need a blog for?
What can I do with a blog?
How can blogs enhance students' creativity and increase self-steem? Pilar Torres Caño
CEP de Córdoba Share Think KNOWLEDGE
Process Blogs Teaching/Learning Edublogs are those weblogs whose main objective is to support a process of teaching and learning in an educational context. WORKSHOP:
Building Students' Self-confidence and Creativity through Blogs and Scrapbooks Ester Molina Robles
CETA President A blog? - More recently "multi-author blogs" have developed, with posts written by large numbers of authors.
- A majority are interactive, allowing visitors to leave comments and even messages, and it is this interactivity that distinguishes them from other static websites.
- Blogging can be seen as a form of social networking. Indeed, bloggers do not only produce content to post on their blogs, but also build social relations with their readers and other bloggers. A blog is…
Let's create a blog
in Blogger Create a google account if you do not have one http://blogger.com Create your blog Choose the template Write the name of your blog: .... .blogspot.com Think of a name for your blog You can have more than a blog with the same account Write your Google account's user name and password http://blogger.com Videos,
Etc ... Plug-ins for blogs Creative Commons license Search Engine http://flickrcc.bluemountains.net
Repository of images and sounds CNICE: http://recursostic.educacion.es/bancoimagenes/web/
How to look for freely licensed images on Google:
How to create a VOKI (Videotutorial): SPEAKING AVATARS: VOKI PHOTO ALBUM: PICASA Embedded Photopeach:
http://alinguistico.blogspot.com.es/2013/01/v-jornada-provincial-de-escuelas.html Photo Albums with music: PHOTOPEACH Embedded video:
Learning an teaching English celebrations
http://alinguistico.blogspot.com.es/2012/05/actualizacion-en-el-uso-de-la-web-20-en.html VIDEOS: YOUTUBE
(YouTube Education) VÍDEOS: VIMEO In GOEAR you will be able to listen to music on line freely, upload your songs (MP3), create your playlists, see lyrics and score and embed music and playlists in your blog Embedded in the blog:
http://alinguistico.blogspot.com.es/2012/11/guia-para-estudiar-trabajar-o-viajar.html Embedded in the blog:
http://alinguistico.blogspot.com.es/2010/11/presentacion-del-ii-concurso.html All embedded codes are HTML.
To embed them in our blog, we hit on HTML Creating and managing a blog is not difficult.
Nothing is impossible.
If we want, we can!!
When you get lost, ask for help.
The hardest thing is to start.
Be constant, update periodically your blog and be faithful to your style.
Engage your students to interact in the blog and/or to have their own blogs. DO IT YOURSELF!!
See you in our blogs!!
ptorresc HOME PAGE Create a google account Create a blog Create a new blog Title Address Template Now you can begin to post to your blog... How can I access my blog? If you want to walk fast, walk alone. If you want to go far, walk together. ~ African proverb Free Co-authors Access everywhere. Integration of other tools (web 2.0). Categories, Pages, Tags. Links (files, images, videos, presentations, ...). Interactivity Really Simple Syndication RSS AND... Collaborative work In linguistic communication in processing information and use of ICT Cultural and artistic Key Competences Collaborate Write Express myself Types of edublogs... Emotional competence Empathy
Socialization ICT tools to develop Gardner's intelligencies What can I do now? Publish, modify and delete posts.
Check settings (permissions, gadgets, etc...)
Change blog's template.
Customize your blog.
Manage users and profiles
ETC... Where from?? SETTINGS Settings... Basic Settings... Posts and Comments http://search.creativecommons.org/ Images: FlickrCC http://youtube.com/education OUTLINE:
- What is a blog?
- What is a blog used for?
- Educative blogs:
- Examples from users.
- Plug-ins for blogs.
- Creating a blog in BLOGGER
- Settings: permissions for edition and publication, comments...
- Elaborate contents collaboratively. Embedded Picasa Album:
http://alinguistico.blogspot.com.es/2012/11/david-marsh-added-value-of-clil-in.html Embedded voki:
http://uliaenfrances.blogspot.com.es/2010/11/trabajos-de-voki-de-3-bilingue.html Embedding code Embedded video:
http://alinguistico.blogspot.com.es/2011/05/premios-ii-concurso-cantalenguas.html Music Files: GOEAR http://www.goear.com Podcasts (easy) http://vocaroo.com/ - Voice recording Free service
- No register
- No login
- Email/embed Presentations: Slideshare Embeded in the blog: http://alinguistico.blogspot.com.es/2012/11/david-marsh-seminario-interactivo-en-el.html All kind of documents : SCRIBD Embedded in the blog: http://alinguistico.blogspot.com.es/2013/02/guia-informativa-para-centros-de.html Publications: ISSUU http://scribd.com Flash Presentations: PREZI And Remember.... Final suggestions... http://photopeach.com/ CONS PROS Individual blogs Teachers' http://blogforipagro.blogspot.com http://sangregorio5aguilardecampoo.blogspot.com http://auroenglish.blogspot.com.es/ http://www.undergroundinglondon.com/category/blog/ http://little-bloggers.blogspot.com.es/ http://crimundo.blogspot.com.es/ http://2012na2.wordpress.com/ http://filosofiaparabilingues.wordpress.com/ http://englishforeso.wordpress.com/ http://uliaenfrances.blogspot.com.es/2010/11/trabajos-de-voki-de-3-bilingue.html Individual blogs Students' http://paulainenglish.blogspot.com.es/ http://kidblog.org/home/ http://kidblog.org/MrJaviersClass/sofiapr/the-solar-system-9/ http://kidblog.org/MrJaviersClass/raquelam/ad-my-product/ Collaborative blogs Interactivity Collaborative work http://ieslapinedabatxillerat.blogspot.com http://arteixobloggers.blogspot.com http://teachingenglishcelebrations.blogspot.com http://kealcomenius.blogspot.com http://paleeldaclil.blogspot.com http://alinguistico.blogspot.com SCRAPBOOKS RESOURCES CEIP CARLOS III + IES NUEVAS POBLACIONES + IES EL SAUCE
THE ORIGIN LINKS FOR SCRAPBOOKS
http://www.juntadeandalucia.es/averroes/centros-tic/21601081/helvia/aula/archivos/repositorio/0/158/manual_Myscrapbook.pdf INSTRUCTIONS TO START Chapters & Topics
http://charlesnw.hostoi.com/index.php LET´S GIVE IT A CHANCE!
It will be a successful work. And in our scrapbooks!!
firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.slideshare.net http://issuu.com http://prezi.com Edublogs are blogs created for educational purposes Archive and support student and teacher learning Facilitate reflection, questioning by self and others, collaboration Provide contexts for engaging in higher-order thinking. Teachers perceive the instructional potential of blogs as an online resource. Useful tools for sharing information and tips among co-workers Provide information for students Keep in contact with parents Educators who blog are sometimes called edubloggers Time consuming
Updating Interaction Collaborative work Motivating activities Meaningful tasks Autonomous
reflection Acquisition of
mechanism Promoting creativity and critical thinking skills Building their
confidence Data repository Creativity
n http://portfolioeoi.blogspot.com http://picasaweb.google.com http://vimeo.com http://englishloscalifas.mipropia.com/ REWARDING It provides 2.0 materials made either by the teacher or the students and includes activities made by students. It allows and encourages interaction
through comments and collaboration It mentions other blogs/pages and/or includes links to others. It gives the teacher the chance to think about their teaching practice It can be used by the teacher in the classroom as it provides significant activities and meaningful tasks TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL BLOG POSTERS http://www.glogster.com/ Tutorial Examples embedded on a blog:
http://4esofrancesiesalhaken.blogspot.com.es/2012/06/les-voyageurs-romantiques.html Activities https://sites.google.com/site/iesalahakenbilingue/blogs-curso-2010-2011 Other Scrapbooks:
http://www.apuntesdelengua.com/ourscrapbook41/index.php http://blogworkshoptesol.blogspot.com Let's work collaboratively on a blog http://threeenglishkingdoms.blogspot.com Announcing
Advertising If you want to walk fast, walk alone. If you want to go far, walk together. ~ African proverb http://charlesnw.hostoi.com/index.php http://www.brainshark.com List of plug-ins