Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Cause and Effect writing
Transcript of Cause and Effect writing
A cause and effect writing piece explains the circumstances leading up to and event or a situation. It may also predict what will happen next as a result of he current situation.
Signal words can sometimes help us to better see the cause of something and its effect.
A list of common Signal words are:
Because As a result
Examples of Cause and Effect Statements
Look at the following sentences. The cause is in
, the effect is in
and the signal word is in
The little boy played hard all day long without a nap
went to bed early
Nancy studied all weekend long for her math test
as a result
received an A
What is Cause and Effect?
Cause is the REASON for the action or event
Effect is the RESULT of what happened.
In other words, the
something happened and the
that has occurred as a result.
Finish all the cause statements with an effect. Make sure to use signal words to start off your effect.
1. Joe didn't prepare well for the test...
2. Susan was up all night waking t.v.
3. Brayden practiced his soccer skills all summer....
Cause and Effect writing
What are the Features of a Cause and Effect Writing Piece?
1. A clearly stated topic that explains the cause and effect relationships that will be explained.
2. An explanation of how particular causes produced or might produce particular effects
3. Clear ideas so readers can follow the relationship between causes and effects by using signal words.
4. Transitions that smoothly and clearly connect ideas.
What should my Cause and Effect Writing Piece look Like?
In your writing piece the
element is you
. After that you should do the following:
Talk about one cause and then address the effect providing your opinion.
Talk about another cause and what the effect will be or could be and you opinion on the topic.
You could then continue or start concluding your ideas.
Watch this video on Cause and Effect