Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
India's geography key terms
Transcript of India's geography key terms
Where is India located?
Lets Talk Geography!
Give three relative locations for India.
Geography Key Terms
subcontinent- A large landmass, such as India, that is part of a continent but is considered either geographically independent
plains- flat grassy area
plateau-raised area of land with a flat top
monsoon-a seasonal wind of S Asia that blows from the southwest in summer, bringing heavy rains, and from the northeast in winter
Ganges River-an Asian river; rises in the Himalayas and flows east into the Bay of Bengal; a sacred river of the Hindus
Mohenjo-daro-A ruined prehistoric city of Pakistan in the Indus River valley northeast of Karachi. Its remains date to c. 3000 b.c.