Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Paraphrasing Lesson
and then cover it.
*Think about what you just read.
*Retell it in your own words. Why Do We Paraphrase? We paraphrase to avoid plagiarism. You can't take
an author's words or ideas and use them as your own. Let's Practice! ...with a short video. One More! "Their names were Aunt Sponge and Aunt Spiker, and I am sorry to say that they were both really horrible people. They were selfish and lazy and cruel, and right from the beginning they started beating poor James for almost no reason at all." (pg. 2) Try This! Paraphrase the following paragraph from James and the Giant Peach. "Up until this time, he had had a happy life, living peacefully with his mother and father in a beautiful house by the sea." (pg. 1)