Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
The Role of Sin in The Crucible
Transcript of The Role of Sin in The Crucible
Not just food.
Want something exactly your way
Demanding a lot from others. Desire for materialistic possessions, power, money. The Role of Sin in The Crucible By Alexander Phan Sin = Breaking divine law. Total Depravity Puritan Theocracy. How have the characters in the book sinned? What are the Seven Deadly Sins? Also desire for other things such as money, fame, power. Sin of Excess. Sloth Spiritual or Physical Laziness. Wrath Feelings of hatred and anger. Leads to Violence. Like Jealousy Discontent over another's success. Desires what person has. Pride Deadliest Need to be more important Won't acknowledge other people's success Excessive love of one-self. Animal: Horse Animal: Cow Animal: Pig Animal: Frog Animal: Goat Animal: Bear Animal: Dog The Ten Commandments 1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain.
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honour thy father and thy mother.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Thou shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house or anything that is thy neighbour's. Abigail and John Proctor Guilty of Gluttony - Parris Abigail = Greed Danforth and Abigail - guilty of sloth Abigail = Wrath Ann Putnam = Envious. John Proctor and Reverend Hale Broken Commandments Commandment #9: Broken by Abigail, Tituba, Mary, Betty, etc. Commandment #4 and #7 : Broken by John. Sum It Up! All characters sin Seven Deadly Sins/Commandments help convey themes of book.