Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Behind The Veil
Transcript of Behind The Veil
The Media's Veil
War on Terrorism
Freedom of Religion
Evolution of Clothing
Modern Women's Dress
2008 American Psychological Association (APA) reports on oppressive "Sexualization of Girls" in the media.
“Organized religious and other ethical instruction can offer girls important practical and psychological alternatives to the values conveyed by popular culture.”(APA)
Modest dress allows a woman to be judged based on her intellect, rather than her sex appeal.
Secularism Negates Religious Tolerance
Sept. 2013 BBC reports: democratic minister urging government to ban the veil in public to protect young girls freedom of choice.
Sept. 2013 Toronto Star Newspaper reports: Thousands march in multi-faith protest against a proposed ban on religious symbolism in public.
Freedom is Removed
Ponder the words of 2011 Nobel Peace Prize winner Tawwakul Karman
The veil is a symbol of religious tolerance and freedom of expression put into practice, and should be welcomed by democratic society, not vilified and banned.