Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor: causes and consequences
Transcript of Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor: causes and consequences
Awakens the Sleeping Gaint
WHY Pearl Harbor?
"Yesterday, Dec. 7, 1941 - a date which will live in infamy - the United States of America was suddenly and deliberately attacked by naval and air forces of the Empire of Japan."
Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor:
Causes and Consequences.
18 American ships
1,000 trapped inside Arizona
US: Let's go to war!
477 : 1
As a woman,I can't go to war,and I refuse to send anyone else.
Industrial raw materials + agricultural shortage.
Hope for Japan!
French occupied Indochina 1940
WHY attacking US?
"Germany First Strategy"
The top priority should be given to defeating Germany regardless of any threat that might arise from Japan.
From: The Chief of Naval Operations,
Admiral Harold R. Strack
Threat to US and European powers!
But how to expand and the European powers are dominating and monopolizing trade in Asia???
Atomic bomb 1945
More than 52 Million
Almost 17 Million civilians
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."