Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Freakonomics: Chapter 6
Transcript of Freakonomics: Chapter 6
: What do you think the
girl names are?
Top 20 "Whitest" Girl Names
The Winner is Loser?
Loser was more successful.
Winner got the butt end of the deal.
Whose life do you think would be more successful?
What are some names that you think would indicate that a person is from a wealthy family?
A woman named her daughter after her favorite character on The Cosby Show,
. She accidentally named her daughter
Temptress was known for bringing men into her home while her mother was at work
do you think her life would be different if she was named "Chastity"?
The richer a family is, the more popular a child's name will become.
Low, Middle, and High Income White Girl Names
send in the exact same resume for a job.
Which one do you think will get the job?
Most popular names of 2015?
Jake Williams would be more likely to get the job...
A woman was upset by the spelling of her niece's name (pronounced Shu-TEED)
How do you think they spelled her name???
Can your name keep you from getting your job?
Name Ranking Examples
White vs Black Names
1. People either set out to disprove their name or cruise with their name.
2. People can live up to their name:
Certain names have certain stigmas and people live up to them by acting like their name
It is usually associated with race
3. A “whiter” name is favored more in a society because of stereotypes
Historically, white people are thought of as more educated.
Fun Fact: Our president was a "Bari" until he changed his name to Barack when he ran for office.
Guess: what will be the most popular names of 2015?