Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
"The Jockey" -Carson McCullers
Transcript of "The Jockey" -Carson McCullers
Setting: dining room in Saratoga; August
Point of View: 3rd person, omniscient, impartial
Tone: Sad, grotesque (watching a person self-destruct)
- “crazy”, bitter, self-destructive (gaining weight), childish
- hears bad news that worsens the realization that his career is coming to an end.
Trainer, Bookie, Owner:
- Flat characters that represent the enemy for Bitsy
- Frustrated people who feel they have no power will self-destruct.
- Sometimes when something you love is coming to an end, it is difficult to let go.
- The misfortunes of others can often force you to make hard realizations about yourself.
Bitsy Barlow vents his anger and frustration at his (perceived) tormenters.