Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Inside/Outside Population Review
Transcript of Inside/Outside Population Review
Describe the long-term effect of competition on populations of two different species competing for the same resources.
Why would a contagious virus that causes a fatal disease be considered a density-dependent limiting factor?
How is the carrying capacity of a city’s roads similar to the carrying capacity of an ecosystem?
How would a drop in the water level of a river affect a fish population living that river? Explain what kind of limiting factor this would be.
Analyze this graph. Describe to your partner this significance of it the data it represents.
How might increasing the amount of a limiting nutrient in a pond affect the carrying capacity of the pond?
Describe the conditions under which logistic growth occurs.
How can you account for the fact that human population has grown more rapidly during the past 500 years than it has at any other time in history?
What questions would a demographer need to answer to determine whether a country is approaching the demographic transition?