Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of DANONE
*Partnership with Grameen
*Economy of scale
*Bad press of Grameen
*Famous for yoghurt
*Political and social instability
*Frequent cyclones and floods
*Low purchasing power
*Land O'Lakes: a big US competitor working in partnership with local producers
*Positive population growth
Albus marketing agency
Danone actual situation in Bangladesh
Customer's profile and behavior
Alcazar Nastasia & Bussetta Anne-Laure Albus founders
"Danone asked us to introduce a new product on one of its market. We've decided to work on the Bengali market because we believe that there is a real potential with a whole population to seduce. It's a challenge that we take up."
(the energetic bar)
Soft & recyclable
= 6 taka rual
= 12 taka urban
= 4 taka rural
= 8 taka urban
Same places as the successful yoghurt
1. Free samples : 500 pieces rural
2. Presentation in schools : urban + rural
3. Participation at trade- shows
4. Advertising in streets/TV/Billboards/Magazines
5. Social Media: Facebook/Twitter/Instagram pages
6. You-tube channel
7. Loved representent
Response to Market Demand
and Customers' Needs
"Our mission is to contribute to the development of poor countries and to teach to their population how to be independent and use their resources efficiently "
Chairman and CEO of Danone
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day, while if you teach him to fish you feed him for life"
Lao Tzu, the Chinese founder of Taoism, 4th Century BC (Chinese Proverb)
YOUNG PEOPLE FIRST
Manufacturing = 8 cents / bar
Objective : 500 000 sales / month
Samples : 0,08*500 = $40
Social networks : cheap
TV adds 1 x 30sec = 12000 Tk
Billboard 30' x 20' = around 16700 Tk / month
Grameen ladies (minimum wage 5,300 tk ($68) /month)
4300 to 4600 euro ($ 5900 - $ 6400) + renewals
Marketing strategy adapted to consumption's habits
Effective supply chain
Reduce costs of purchasing
Insure the availability of products in stores
Target Retailers + wholesalers
Large range and quantity of products
Good services and quality
18-48 years old
no credit card
2 times / week
no home service delivery by stores
low purchasing power
Main stores chains
What is appreciated
hassle-free shopping environment
layout in stores
Agora (4 outlets)
Meena Bazar (9)
Fresh N’ Near
Prince Bazar (2
BDF (11 in Dhaka)
Capital : Dhaka
Major cities: Dhaka, Chittagong, Rajshahi, Khulna, Barisal
Religion: Islam (90,4%) + Hinduism
Official language: Ourdou
English common law + Islamic law
Poverty: 31,5% of the population
Agriculture : 17,2% of the GDP , 45% of the labour force
Products: rice, jute, tea, wheat, sugarcane, potatoes,
tobacco, pulses, oilseeds, spices, fruit; beef, milk, poultry
We propose you a social and involved product for the Bangladesh market.
Through this product we want to extend the Danone' range of goods in the country.
We think that this is important to follow the innovative way of work of Grameen-Danone to confirm the commitment and to maintain its reputation in Bangladesh.
A nutritive, healthy and cheap cereal bar, produced in Bangladesh with local products is the better way to develop the economic and sanitary system, with a great partner : Danone.
1. BBC, James Melik, July 8, 2009: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8100183.stm
2. Grameen Danone website: http://www.danonecommunities.com/project/grameen-danone-foods-ltd
3. Grameen bank website: http://www.grameen-info.org/
4. India microfinance, Abhay N, January 31, 2011: http://indiamicrofinance.com/muhammad-yunus-bail-grameen-danone.html
5. Ifama, case study, Jonathan Rodriguez & Gregory A. Baker, 2012: http://www.ifama.org/files/Grameen_20110053.pdf
6. European Journal of Business and Management, “The Bangladeshi Consumer Behavior and Attitude Toward Superstores”, Mohammad Abul Kashem, 2012: http://www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/EJBM/article/viewFile/1936/1916
7. Grameen-Danone “Shoki+ advert for TV”: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=shokti+ & http://www.wen.co.il/play.php?id=5mYntlhmrHo
8. Lesite.tv : http://www.lesite.tv/videotheque/0805.0013.00-les-dechets-au-bangladesh-comment-recycler
9. CIA Website: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/bg.html
10. COFACE: http://www.coface.com/fr/Etudes-economiques-et-risque-pays/Bangladesh
11. Bloomberg, Arun Devnath Nov 14, 2013 : http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-11-13/bangladesh-garment-factories-to-stay-shut-amid-worker-protests.html
12. Global envision, Kimberlee Ables, March 19, 2013 : http://www.globalenvision.org/2013/03/12/commercial-growth-through-development-new-paradigms-food-aid
13. Land O Lakes Website: http://www.landolakesinc.com/default.aspx
14. ATN Bangla Website, 2011 : http://www.atnbangla.tv/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=152&Itemid=26
the lion, symbol of
strength & power
"Healthy & tasty, Sakti Danda brings energy for everybody !"
Same concept as the Shokti Doi : Different tastes, different colors
Healthy ingredients: Milk (proteins + calcium), puffed rice (minerals + starch), dried fruits (vitamins + iron), peanuts, moderated crop of sugar
Development of Danone's societal engagement e.g. by distributing children's educational books in schools
"World change starts with educated children."
"You've liked the Shokti Doi, you will love this delicious energetic cereal bar! "