Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CPU Scheduling(FCFS,SJF(Preemptive & Non Preemptive)
Transcript of CPU Scheduling(FCFS,SJF(Preemptive & Non Preemptive)
CPU scheduling is a process which allows one process to use the CPU while the execution of another process is on hold(in waiting state) due to unavailability of any resource like I/O etc, thereby making full use of CPU.
Types of Scheduling
FCFS [first come first serve]
The process which enters the queue first is executed first.
It is non-preemptive.
Better for long processes
Convoy effect .
lower CPU utilization
Shortest job first is a scheduling algorithm in which the process with the smallest execution time is selected for execution next
Types of SJF :
Two types of SJF :
Once selected for execution , a process continues to run until the end of its CPU burst time.
Q. Draw the Gantt chart and find average waiting time from the given table by using SJF ?
Gantt Chart :
Average Waiting Time :
Md. Nakibul Huda
Shortest Job First(SJF) Preemptive
NOOR KIBRIA SABUZ