Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Chapter 4: Properties of Exponents
Transcript of Chapter 4: Properties of Exponents
Unit 2: Exponents and Roots
Quotient of a Power
Multiplying andDividing Powers with the Same Base
What happens when you have a number to the zero power?
What happens when you have negative exponents?
What if you have a fraction to a negative exponent?
One of the most common mistakes students make is confusing the multiplication rule and the division rule of exponents. How will you make sure you remember what each rule lets you do?
Power of a Power
When in doubt, write it out!!
How will you remember this rule?
What if you were given a problem like the one below? How would you rewrite that problem?
How would you simplify this problem?
What does this rule mean?
You can always expand the power and simplify if you can't remember what rule to use
Expand each problem and simplify. Write your answer as a power. Do you notice a pattern?